As a graduate institution, Westminster is unable to offer federal grants toward tuition. We are approved to offer federal loans for financial aid.
If you are looking to request a loan for the 2019-20 year, please follow the instructions below.
Loans: Two types
There are two types of loans for students: federal Direct Unsubsidized loans and private loans. Both loans have competitive rates, so you are encouraged to look into both options to see what is best for you. We are more than happy to walk through both options with you in depth for further clarification.
How to request a federal loan
If you are looking to take out a federal Direct Unsubsidized loan during the 2019-20 academic year, you will need to be at least half-time, taking 1 course per term. To request a loan, please follow the process in order below:
- Complete a loan request form.
- Complete your 2019-20 FAFSA using your 2017 tax data [2 years prior].
- Transfer your 2017 tax information into the FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool or request a copy of your 2017 tax return transcripts from the IRS to be submitted to Westminster.
- Complete Entrance Counseling if this is your first loan through Westminster.
- Complete an online Master Promissory Note for Direct Unsubsidized Loans if this is your first loan through Westminster.
- Await confirmation from the Financial Aid Office via email. If approved for a loan, you will need to accept, adjust, or decline the loan in Populi before it can be disbursed.
Loans are available to be originated at any time during the semester, but the loan will be disbursed during the next available disbursement date.
If you have any questions about the loan process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.